Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Material Girl 2

It baffles me how some people put so much emphasis on their possessions, but I think it's inevitable these days because of commercials and to some extent peer pressure. All the MUST-Haves that is seasonal. All the gadgets that they need to have. All the clothes/accessories they just gotta have. And the latest phone (it's like everyone has to get an iPhone).

Now we can choose to ignore it, and go by our own ways... Or we can succumb to the lure of the MUST-HAVES. Either way, I think it's just fine...as long as you're not getting yourself into a debt unnecessarily. If you can afford it, why not.

I guess I was never one to envy or to have such wants. Maybe it's the McScrooge in me, or the practical me. I feel like I should succumb, to conform to what's considered a norm these days. Seriously people think I'm odd that I dont change my phone, but I have the luxury to chuck it wherever coz it's so old that no one would steal it anyways. M was using her nokia butterfly phone(with the blue screen) for ages, and had it not been an accident that broke it, I think M would have continued to use it till now. I just dont see the logic in spending so much on something, then worrying later if you'd get robbed.

What is in your must-have list?

1 comment:

Mothers Day Flowers Delivery to France said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.Mothers Day Flowers Delivery to France

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...