Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Births: Sir Isaac Newton (1642), Annie Lennox(1954), Robert Ripley(1893)
Deaths: Charlie Chaplin(1977), Dean Martin(1995), Adrian I Pope (795)
Friday, December 22, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Ohyea. Taipei 101 is also where people shop..but I din do any shopping at all there coz everything's way too pricey. The foodcourt there is amazing though. Nothing like the Malaysian foodcourt. In general, as many would know, Taiwanese are very passionate about food.
But it is also known not only for its cheap fare, but also its recklessness.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Many thanks for your comments. I agree with you, the puppies should not have been treated like this. We do tell volunteers to ask the public not to do this and when I see it happening I do tell people not to (though sometimes I can get distracted talking to other interested people and miss it.) Your comments have been taken on board and thank you for your interest in the SPCA.
Louise van Steveninck
And this was just a random picture I took at the square....people on strike against Chen Sui Bien- President of Taiwan.....They gather DAILY there with sponsored buses.
There's nothing more incredible than people being passionate about human rights and politics. People can make a difference.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping on your nose,
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.
Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe,
Help to make the season bright.
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow,
Will find it hard to sleep tonight.
They know that Santa's on his way;
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh.
And every mother's child is going to spy,
To see if reindeer really know how to fly.
And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
To kids from one to ninety-two,
Although its been said many times, many ways,
A very Merry Christmas to you
Friday, December 15, 2006
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
with people of many different facades,
hiding when derailed and enraged,
smiling yet desperately summoning courage,
when love becomes a mirage,
fronting a brave face,
when you're actually falling apart......
but don't live without leaving a trace.
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Monday, December 04, 2006
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
2. When you’ve been asked to guide a colleague about work but you know damn well you’ve been goofing off or you only know so little. What do you do? Do you tell her what you know and pray she gets the job done rite.. or do you just tell her the truth that you’re really not competent.
3. When you’re in a meeting and you have a sudden urge.. ahem.. to fart or you just need to go to the toilet, just at that moment when the boss asks you “ok, what do you think?”. What do you do?
4. When people comment that ohhh you look a certain way, and you’re not sure of what to react coz it could be a compliment or a very well phrased insult. If you say thank you anyways.. people will think that you’re perasan, rite?
5. When people tell you that the person close to him/her passed away. We hear in the movies or those TOEFL/IELTS classes, people should say “I’m sorry to hear that”. But how’s that gonna work in Malaysia? You say that, people think you’re CRAZY or that you’re a good-for-nothing banana.
6. When people ask you when you’re gonna get married. Ok, first off, it’s not really a question to pose to a girl. What.., do couples actually plan with each other when the guy should propose? Really odd.
7. When you meet a long lost classmate.. Make it a classmate whom you were never close to back in school. Exchange numbers, and it’d seem so fake coz we know we’re not gonna call each other for drinks. Don’t exchange numbers and it’d seem like you’re so mean.. bugger..
Friday, November 24, 2006
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Let me share a story with you. Heard this one from a monk in some Dhamma talk in some Temple on some Island. Anyway, this story just kinda stuck to me since. It's one of those if-you-have-3-wishes kind of story. Here goes:
One day this genie asked a group of kids to each make a wish. The wish will be granted to the kid who can come up with the best wish. Kid 1 said, "I wanna have a BIG TUB of my favourite ice cream!" That's a great wish. Kid 2 had to top that, so he said, "I wanna have an ice cream factory! Then I can produce all kinds of ice cream in the world!" An even better wish. Kid 3 ponders for a while and to top that he said, "I wanna have lots & lots of money so I can build lots & lots of ice cream factories" ... and of course the next kid were able to come up with a better one and it went on & on ... and soon came to this one kid and he says, "I wanna be so CONTENTED that I don't need anything else in the world!" ... Guess what, the wish went to this kid ... because at the end of the day, happiness is really what we're all searching for right? Since we can't wish for happiness, I guess sometimes we just have to stop complaining and BE HAPPY.