Thursday, January 06, 2011

Kyra

Oh..it's my favourite (only!) niece's 5th birthday today. Still remember the first time I saw her was in the hospital in Singapore. She was a big girl and had a lot of hair. She had long fingernails and was scratching herself a lot, so she wore mittens most of the time. She wasn't really a fussy baby if i remember correctly. I remember how she used to hold her own bottle and always smiled. A happy baby for sure!

She's 5 today. What a nice little addition she's been in the family. She's a smart fella and have not failed to amuse me time and time again. Like how she always imitate imn (with the finger up her nose) still. Or when she'll pull her tongue out at me when no one's watching. I remember my days in Jakarta, while it was pretty good money but it was also godawful lonely at times being away from the family, and I always waited in anticipation for my sister to update the babybandit blog. After a while, I even shared it with my other Malaysian colleague because it's such a joy to see her growing up.

Thank god for facebook now. Because my sister has stopped updating the blog. (how horrific, it's like missing pages of babybandit's life!). So I get my updates on her via facebook these days. She recently did some nice drawings which I shamelessly shared with my new colleagues and my boss! Haha! She's not my kid but I'm so proud of her though.

The best drawing yet was the one she did for me and Andrew. Wow. I thought I'll have the heart to throw it away, so asked Andrew if he'll help me throw it away. But he said "huh...keep ler... !" And so now it's sitting somewhere in my house.

So here's a big big happy birthday to my niece. and may she grow up to be the princess that she is.

1 comment:

philters said...

Happy 11/1/11! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...