Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Milestone

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. Started at sharp 6 am on 21stfeb, my water bag broke and I was stoned for a while. Got Andrew up and I showered quickly and off we went to the emergency ward. Doctor came soon and I was on a drip to stop contraction and was given antibiotic jab to allow baby's lungs to mature. And there I was, just lying down on the bed for 24 hours. The nurses and doc were full of positive vibes so really I did not have time to think too much.
The following day at 4 am, doc stopped the drip so I could have my contractions. That lasted till 5 .30 pm until I took the epidural. By then it was contractions at every 4 mins at the intensity of 80+. Okla, at least I now how it feels like. Then I was back on the drip to induce faster contraction. Gosh. By 9.45pm, doc said I m ready with 10 cm dilation. The nurses cheered on and Andrew held me while I pushed.
Baby Yeong was out at 10.08pm. Held him for a bit for a quick photo and off they whisked him with Andrew to clean him up and get him registered. Meanwhile I am being stitched up. Man, that was painful as the epidural was low, my legs were shaking real bad. I had to share a ward with one other woman. Middle of the night, I was put on drip again due to bleeding to contract my uterus..gosh. Nurses came to Korek the blood clots. About 8 times having someone fingering you in full force. I think I screamed the loudest then.
Baby was in the incubator the next 5 days. For warming and for photo light. Heart wrenching to see him in that state. I went through a few emotional rides but manageable ones. I stayed positive trying to breastfeed and doing my 4 hourly visits to see him. Sigh.
Doc made me bottle feed and breastfeed him during those few days and it was really treasured time for me. By Monday, doc said we can both leave and I was so relieved and me, Andrew and mom prepared or the homecoming. Andrew spend many days with my mom getting things geared for the homecoming. It is not true that it is only a mother's labour , the dad also plays a significant part. Would not have made it without andrew's support, love and courage.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...