Thursday, May 04, 2006

Customer Service

Some of the things that irks me:-

1. When appetizers and dessert come at the same time as your main entrée. Happens a lot when you order set meals. Hello? What’s the rush? Yar, I know you can just take your time and just eat it in order, appetizer, main entrée and then your dessert. But what if your dessert was icecream? Or some icy thingy? What do you do? And what about meals who come before the drinks? HAHHAHA. Makes you wonder where these people come from.


2. When yours and your date’s main entrées don’t come at more or less the same time. This really infuriates me. How would they like it if they had to stare at someone eat or having someone to stare at you eat! I rather they just keep the food warm in the kitchen and wait for the other person’s food to be ready. SERVE them together! PLEASE!

3. Salespeople come knocking at your office door. You tell them that you’re not interested but they still want your name card or better yet, your manager’s, or when you tell them your boss is not around; and they tell you, NO.. I can see him, although really, that person could be the office boy, or when they want a formal co. ‘chop’ to say that they’ve been to your office. Generally, I’m nice coz I’ve done sales before but those who are rude, they better be prepared to face my wrath. I know these people are just eek-ing out a living, but not interested means no name cards, no nothing, OK?

4. When they send an experienced person, unguided, to sell their products. This happened to me when I was looking for a home loan. The salesperson was barely a month into the job. The poor guy. How can his boss send him, out in the wild, with no one to guide him? He couldn’t answer even the most basic of questions. Heck, he didn’t even understand the concept of BLR! And how does this reflect on the bank that he is working for? Very badly, I’d say. I know the drill about a newbie has to start somewhere, but I’m sure there are better ways than that. Imagine how demotivated he could get.

5. When you’re asked to fax something over. And mind you, I’m the customer. Shouldn’t the person at least give me a ring to let me know that they did receive the fax? With emails, yes, you can ask for an acknowledgement receipt, but you can’t do that for faxes, unless the other person faxes something back to you. Just a simple courtesy call, that’s all.

I don’t mean to insult the many working people in the service industry. This is by no means, a generalization of what the service industry is about. Just the few instances in which I’ve encountered. I’ve also met some very good salespersons, whom may have been the reason why I may sometimes expect to have the same professionalism from other salespersons.
So.. what are your top peeves?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...