Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hickory dickory dock?

I sing this nursery rhyme almost everyday.... And many other nursery rhymes everyday, not really having a clue if Lucas loves it or understands it. Until few days ago, Lucas laughed and chuckled excessively when I sang this ( with my fingers running up and down his body!).... Wow. It is really one of those indicators of his milestones.

And the motivation for this was that mom told me not to be lazy. Babies do hear and understand and feel things. And I am always reminded by mom and also my memories of my eldest sister reading and singing with my niece. I now know it is not a simple task. I hav not begun reading him stories o just doing songs with him for now. Mom also says my eldest sister would flash cards at my niece .... And that perhaps contributed to my niece good reading and spoken English....

I wonder if I could be as good. I recently joined a Facebook group called Mummies Connect and boy those mothers really makes you feel inadequate because they really go all the way and by all means for their little ones.

Call it kiasuness.... But if you do nothing you may regret it or there is this gnawing thought that says, man what kind of Mother are you? Or you are not doing enough! Or you have not one all you could for him to realize his potentials...... So yes, the guilt trips will never end unfortunately.

So I guess just strive on and enjoy the process. I try not to stress myself out. My sister once told me the best art class is no art class because it will just limit a child's creativity if someone has to tell you draw a flower as how you would perceive it. So there are just some things that Lucas will just have to explore on his own.....

Till then....I am doing overtime to up my list of nursery rhymes. The boy is getting bored. And that is with almost 15 nursery rhymes sung repeatedly ok......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...