Friday, February 01, 2008

When will we learn?

People are so quick to assume that because I look Chinese, I am from China.
People are so quick to assume that because I look Chinese, I can speak Mandarin.
People are so quick to assume that because I am Asian, I can't speak English.
People are so quick to assume that because I am Asian, I can't write well in English.
So many assumptions. So little respect. aii..

I find it extremely presumptious and a little offended, even when people say, "Oh, you speak very good English". I got that comment after arguing with the accomodation officer.

Maaf, a lecturer here was quite nasty. I felt that his question was not clear enough. The question was as follows:- What happens with the marginal abatement cost (or permit price) if some polluters do not comply. Explain your answer. I felt that I should ask what he meant with comply, comply with what? And so I asked if he meant that those polluters who didn't comply were polluters who did not participate in the market. He told me that I can check in the dictionary for the meaning of comply.

People need to see the world more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh... chill. I will buck up my compliance.

Good... write more post here. Purple fonts starting to appear back again.

Anonymous said...

to hell with all the racists!

Anonymous said...

Take the chill pill. Some people have no respect for others especially when they look at skin color.

:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...