Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Obsession

Everyone has some obsession for something. It could be shopping, photography etc. Some of us suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder...that we might not know of. Just doing a bit of self-searching now..and trying to list down my obsessions and whether it is bordering OCD...
1) shopping...i think not, it happens sporadically like the time when I was in indonesia, only because it was convenient and i had the time to do it.
2) perfumes...yes, I do think i have an obsession for that. but i've refrained from buying since i'm a scrooge, also because trying not to indulge....But i do recall buying maybe about 5 in the US jsut before I came back. First ever bottle that was absolutely unforgettable was the Banana Republic Woman. I was strolling in Annapolis by the port in my tattered jeans and black t, and had my first payout after 2 weeks and bought one for myself.
3) smurfs... it's more of an excessive use of this word, is it an obsession, u tell me. I can tell you I have a bunch of friends whom we call each other smurf! without much thought.But I won't say that I know much about the smurfs....
4) movies....i'm the type that would watch 4-5 straight movies on a really quiet day. And I'm obsessed with making sure that I finish whatever movie i start watching. It has to really suck for me to not watch it. I'm constantly looking for the ultimate movie, and so far, nothing moves me more than A Beautiful Life. Chinese movies doesnt do anything for me, although there are some notable ones.
5) music..this obession has somehow weaned...I used to be obsessed about the radio, hogging the radio to listen to some good music, actually hoping to hear some songs that i've marked (in my mind anyway). I was the type who would find mp3s and save 'em. But I'm starting to be just too complacent with whatever I have now, and just can't be bothered to listen to more. The last album I bought was THe Killers Sam's Town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My obsession - MUSIC. I even started a new music blog - gallivantism.com - check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...