Monday, April 23, 2007

Camping for Nuts!

Must say many thanks to Gallivanter and Mo for a most interesting first caving exploration experience. It wasn't like anything I expected. The view is amazing and just so breathtaking. Waiting for some great pics from o.

The camping trip lasted for 3 days. Some left on the 2nd day. Sigh. KL people, you're missing the essence of camping. Rule No 1: everything's about unity. You don't leave your mates unless there's a concensus. Rule No 2: You share. I was quite disgusted that some of those people who came with us actually brought their own food despite Mo telling us he was gonna buy for all of us. So there's Mo, stuck with all the leftover food that he had to lug back to KL. Not only that, despite having their own food, they even took some of our rationed measly chicken brahmin. Alamak, where's the brain laaaaa, and he even claims to be an ardent fan of scouting. Well, action speaks louder than words. I don't see no scout there!


So there's 7 of us left, me, endroo, galli, mo, don, cavesitter, chelva- and we did still hv a good time. The thing is that you should never abandon a plan, no matter what. It's just so typical kl orang to last minute cancel plans, or make changes (with the convenience of the phone).


But everyone, Gunung Senyum is worth every bit of your time. I've never been so amazed. There's about 20 over caves, my favourite being the Gua Ular. There's a secret garden in there! Shall post the pic when i can. Just a little off Temerloh. And yar, forget about the leeches and mosquitos ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the place already. I'm having Gunung Senyum withdrawal symptoms...arrghh!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join you guys but then I had my assignments to do ...

But I am glad that you had fun.

Anonymous said...

they've put scouts to shame. Argghhh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...