Monday, April 16, 2007

The Opinionated Me

Ever since I was a kid, growing up in a family of 4 sisters, we were always encouraged to voice out. To be outspoken. To have opinions. And not be a follower. And not necessarily leaders either.

Just to have an opinion of my own. To form objectively what I think or perceive of something. And not influenced by a friend, or a gesture etc.

But sometimes, the opinionated me does get me in trouble. I judge too soon. I form my opinion on something or someone too soon. It does sometimes makes me a bad judge of a person.

And perhaps someone might think of me as someone without principles. Because what may be morally wrong to someone, i strike it as just the way life is. Like prostitution. Or pre-marital sex. Or gambling.

Lately I've been lazy to voice out my opinions. Sometimes it's fruitless and I think why even bother. People just refuse to change from the way of life they are accustomed to. But I think i'm gonna go back to my opinionated self from now on. A little does make a change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...