Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If Only My Ears can do Selective Hearing..

Perhaps in my 29 years, I've been ejek-ed before for various reasons. Because of my haircut, because I was round and fat during my childhood, because I was short etc. Most of the time I took the insults with a shrug or just sometimes laugh at myself even. It is, they say, afterall just a joke.

But.....It's easy to forgive but one can never forget though. I may not be angry at the person insulting me, but i certainly remember it. I could choose to dwell on it and really feel hopeless that I am only what they say I am. Or I could choose to ignore. Most of the time, I end up wanting to prove them wrong. So that I could point my finger at them and say You're WRONG! Sounds juvenile, aye?

But why do i need their approval? If i'm short, so be it. If i'm fat then so be it. Imagine what a life i would have if i'm constantly chasing after the image of what they think a perfect person is, when there really isn't one.

SO for now, maybe i ought to do some selective hearing. yeah..just hear what i wanna hear. Listen to yourself for a change. I dont even bother to seek other's opinion when i dress up for dinners anymore. I am what i am and am damn proud of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think selective hearing will not give you a clear picture of the person's intentions. So what if he tells you that your hairdo has added decades to your age? It's the person who said it that matters... :-P

Anonymous said...

Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be....

well, minor things like hairdo and clothes you wear is not important. If there's some bad habits... then you can consider to change but even if you dont, who have the right to ask you to change?

Anonymous said...

Selective hearing has its own pros and cons.

(:

Anonymous said...

listen listen

i <3 u long time! xD

Anonymous said...

It's always best to believe what you know about yourself. People's perception will always be flawed. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...