Monday, April 09, 2007

The Last King Of Scotland

The Last King of Scotland- I must say it was an eye-opener for me, being quite ignorant about Uganda. The acting was good especially Forest Whitaker but i thought the Scot was pretty charming. The way the story was being presented to me was somehow lacking in continuity, the whole sleeping-with-the-wife i thought was a bit superfluous. The man's cruelty and madman-ness was not thoroughly presented except for some photographs of the inhuman deed he did. It just didn't bring an impact across to make a statement, to me anyhow. The man didn't struck as an intelligent person of extraordinare but more of a madman to me. And maybe the cast were of too-familiar for my liking-Kerry Washington etc... maybe it's just not my cup of tea. I wouldn't say that it had me mesmerized like Pan's Labyrinth, or 'teruja' like Apocalypto, or awakened like Sometimes in April.....

4 comments:

tihtahpah said...

Sometimes in April's about the genocide in Rwanda....

Anonymous said...

Forest Whitaker was brilliant. He deserved the Oscar. BTW, this is a true story.

Anonymous said...

BTW, thought Sometimes in April was crap. Preferred Hotel Rwanda. ;-)

tihtahpah said...

yar...i know it's a true story..forest whitaker was great...but the story wasn't that enticing. Eh how can you hate Sometimes in April...argh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...