Thursday, October 12, 2006

What You Do Is Not What You Are

Has anyone ever asked you what you do, and you'll answer you're an engineer, a manager, business owner...blah blah..Well, if you think about it, you DO spend most of your time at work (especially when you're in your 20s). You eat breakfast/lunch sometimes even dinner with your colleagues...You're rushing to meet deadlines at WORK on a daily basis. You spend more time on the phone about workstuff than talking to your family and friends. But sadly, I do think that what you do is not what you are. These past few days I've been working my ass off, and I wondered if this is what I really want to be. To be a slave to my job for the rest of my life. Don't I want something more from life than this? Don't you want something more than just working like a dog? Sadly, to achieve our ultimate goal (to not work and make loads of money hehe) we DO have to work our ass off. But I've had a good tip from a friend lately. He has set aside 2-3 hours per day to put on his thinking cap and PLAN. Plan what he has to do today. REFLECT on mistakes he made the previous day. That way, he actually saves time and goes off from work at 5.30pm. THEN, he has more time to do things that he LIKES. You know, the next 20 years down the road, what you do doesn't matter anymore, its really the LOVE that you've build around you that matters.
Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* Well said!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...