Monday, January 29, 2007

Blood Diamond

Blood Diamond..must be one of my favourite movies this year...but well, the year just started. The movie was a moving, disturbing and yet wonderfully scripted picture. I thought Djimon Hounsou was excellent as Solomon Vandy...Leonardo DiCaprio...was good but I think Djimon was the key person giving the movie authenticity. The movie touches on a lot of today issues, Globalisation, Child Soldiers, weapon smuggling, Opportunists.... Kinda left the cinema feeling somewhat moved and intrigued by Africa. My uncle just came back from Africa after a few years, and he was totally amazed and in awe of Africa.. because of its culture and history and he told me wonderful stories of Africa.
SO..if you dig Blood Diamonds....see similar movies
1) Sometimes In April (did a review on that back in Aug i think)
2) Hotel Rwanda
3) Constant Gardener

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blood Diamond was a good flick, I should've sat next to you in the cinema just to see whether you cried - cause I think Cely was moved to tears. ;-) And I've already watched the other 3 movies too. My favorite remains HOTEL RWANDA. Leo is getting better though, I have to admit. I've hated him for his stereotyped roles, but the one he shone the most was The Aviator.

Anonymous said...

Galli: I like Constant Gardener but I have not watch Hotel Rwanda.

In the West they call it bling blig. Here (Africa) they call it bling bang.

Anonymous said...

sotty typo. bling bling.

Anonymous said...

geez. sorry typo again. sorry. what happened to me today? Tuak is killing me.

tihtahpah said...

migod endroo..what happened la...alamak...

Anonymous said...

Blood Diamond is definitely one good movie and it did show the horror and reality behind those beautiful stones. I've written this article for my school and when I found out about what happened in Sierra Leone because of these gems, I began to look at diamonds in a different manner; the sufferings of the people there. It saddened me. A lot.

I loved the movie listing that you've put up.

(:

tihtahpah said...

kyels: But I think i like Sometimes IN April the best among all....was less commercial and it was more surreal...there wasn't so much hollywood shit, i mean..the jennifer connelly leo dicaprio thingy was a cheap shot...it always had to be a pretty girl with a cute guy yar...but Sometimes In April was really good...the after-effect was much greater compared to the other movies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...