Friday, January 26, 2007

Stick by The Rules?

It's a hard choice I believe especially in Malaysia...to stick by the rules or not? More often than not, you have to resort having not to. And with valid reasons! I am no stickler to rules, yar indeed I'm not a STICKY, unless it was really necessary, some may take it as a principle thing, I take it as bending the rules to suit me at the appropriate time and place :).
1) Are you a traffic Sticky who never makes an illegal U-Turn even when there's a long stretch of cars up ahead? Never given any duit kopi before? Never take the emergency lane to cut lanes because some idiot jammed up the fast lane?
2) Are you a Vice Sticky, never been to a pub/disco when you were underaged? Never took drugs (of any kind) just for a try/thrill? Cmon, admit it!
3) How many of you guys are litterbugs? Throwing rubbish out of your car? Or the streets?
4) Are you a Work-Ethics Sticky who in his/her entire working life has never ever bribed (of any kind) your customers to win projects/deals?
5) Never faked an mc before for an interview? Or snake during working hours to do something really important? Like banking stuff?
6) How many of you guys place bets through the bookie?????
Hey...we all have to break the rules sometimes. Being a Sticky is noble but not practical in Malaysia. That's what we need to do to survive here. So..here's to the Non-Stickies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we ought to not be so sticky. Breaking rules; sometimes is fun.

;p

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I'm rather sticky...

1) I've done the odd u-turn when things look hopelessly jammed up. Never given duit kopi. Err... why take emergency lane to cut lane when only the fast lane is jammed up? :D
2) Never. Never.
3) Nope. Never. Never. Though I don't pick up rubbish I see.
4) Never.
5) Never to the first one. Snake once or twice before, but then again I work long enough that there's always a healthy working hour balance. I think I should snake more.
6) You don't need bookies for small, informal bets. ;P

Dang, didn't realise I was so boring! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...