Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Of New Year Resolutions and etc...

Most people probably took Dec31st to make their resolutions this year...Me, I was doing some reflection and based on that I've decided on a few things that I probably wouldn't want to do anymore.
I will not attend another meaningless gathering of any sort anymore. I'm at that age where I've accumulated a number of friends/acquaintances/good friends/hi-bye friends/friends of friends enough to have those rather often that not meaningless gatherings that can somewhat be awkward and strange. You ever been in a room full of old buddies and yet feel like a stranger? Sometimes I feel like I'm just an observer and watching their antics. Sometimes I diss myself for sitting there and scrutinizing the way they think or what they say. Then there are those who only use you as fillers...to pass time when the person is in between appointments. Then there are those who meets u up for coffee not to SHARE or just plainly having a chillout time, but more so to boast, compare, or another self-indulgent session. This new year, I find myself in a few situations with perhaps some of the best buddies a girl could ever have and in moments of silence we were there for each other while one was in despair. There is never such a thing as uncomfortable silence with good buddies, you only feel that with so-called friends. Perhaps it's really time to re-evaluate some relationships...maybe we are all clinging on to meaningless relationships...
If you're hanging out with negative friends...then maybe you're gonna have to starting making the sessions positive, but only with worthwhile friends. If you're holding on to a dead-end relationship, then perhaps you're better off being single.... I really think it's an act of cleaning up your life. START CLEANING.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in 2007.. no matter how long & windy the road you're gonna take.

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow a vacuum cleaner from you?

Lex said...

in the words of old wise david, "you choose your friends..."

glad to know you... in grown toe nail :P

endroo G said...

start cleaning. hmm... i will spring-clean my house regularly.

We may have a lot of buddies but close ones are only a few. Cherish the few good friendships. I think we need to adapt to the buddies' way of doing things in order to feel not so strange(r). Compromise should be the word.

Anonymous said...

U know tihtahpah, I had a lot in my mind when I first read your post in the morning. Blogger had problem loading the page. i lost all my words when i reloaded the page. I do hv my 1 cent worth....that I will f2f with you.

I don't know how to define the word negative or positive friends, they are those I can't really tolerate with their personalities. I dislike or even hate what they do, in spite of that I think it is fair to keep the friendship open and give others a chance to change for better.

I won't mix with those who likely to tear me down unless I am mentally and emotionally fit and strong for that.

tihtahpah said...

wow, u guys....hahhahaa...i do believe no matter what friends you make, keep the close one near to your heart. Always.

Anonymous said...

err ... can i know what is "f2f" ??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...