Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Friendships without Boundaries

I was just telling a friend the other day that some of my friends diss me for the people I hang out with. They would always refuse to meet my certain friends for they think sorry to say that these people are not good enough to hang out with them. It could be that they didn't have a degree, they don't have a goddamn career, they don't project a certain image of prestige or coolness, etc. I think these people build too many walls around them and one day, the walls will surround them and they'll be trapped in loneliness. Who are we to judge people. Who gave us the right to say that that person is WORTHY or UNWORTHY to be our friends? I have friends from all walks of life and truly they have taught me a lot, young or old, rich or poor, english ed or chinese ed....Imagine if I had friends only from the car industry plus have to narrow down to only people with degree, I think I'll be farking bored. Having said that, I'm not saying that we have to go around start making friends with criminals and rapists...but that to make friends with an open mind. That fella with a fancy car and boasts of an MBA degree could be a lying crook or serial rapist for all you know. The thing is that you wouldn't get to know WHO that person is unless you give it a chance. Sometimes you've just gotta let your guards down and let it all go. You might just chance upon some great friendships along the way......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earth has its boundaries, but human imbecility is limitless. The more one judges, the less one loves.

Anonymous said...

But sometimes, you just can't tune into the same frequency regardless of whether that person is rich/poor, degree/no degree. I've sat through conversations that does not interest me at all ... hence, the reduced likelihood that I'd spend a lot of time with these people. I don't diss them ... just different channel thats all.

So, maybe your friends aren't judging your other friends? ...

tihtahpah said...

this making frens with all only applicable in the beginning..of coz have to filter out according to same frequency...but then again..if all same frequency pun quite sien and limited...i think as long as the fella is not weird then ok lor.

Anonymous said...

if i'm not msitaken.... you have posted something like this before moons ago.

F.R.A.N.C.E.

Anonymous said...

But weird can be wonderful!

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: weird
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or caused by witchcraft or the supernatural : MAGICAL
2 : of strange or extraordinary character : ODD, FANTASTIC

:P

tihtahpah said...

Endroog: (scratching my head)F.R.A.N.C.E?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...