Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Just a few weeks ago, I got tipsy and started swearing like hell. Yar, that's probably the real me. Trying to vent all the suppressed anger and rage in me. Total wrath. But then again, there's many layers in one's personality. One will choose to reveal perhaps the most appropriate and acceptable personality. Even with best friends, sometimes you cannot predict what one may do- perhaps that's their Mr. Hyde coming into surface. And have you noticed how some people change when they are in a different group of people. I think most of us are chameleons. When I'm with my family, I'm different. When I'm with friends I met in US, I'm different. And with certain friends, especially one on one, I tend to reveal more about myself.....my thoughts and rants. In a group perhaps we all try to blend in, some of us don't bother and just try to be ourselves. Knowing someone for a long time does not necessarily enable you to see the Hyde in that person. The Hyde in a person is more raw, more genuine sometimes, and more intriguing too. Some say we are all born good, no one's born evil, but I think we all carry some evil in us. How can we not? We're influenced by many things. We're touched by many things. I think it's good to bring out the Hyde in you once in a while, coz if you don't...you might just explode one day, and Hyde becomes irreversible! Having said that, some people show the Hyde in them, and suppress the Jekyll in them. They may act cool or most likely anal too, but I believe that's just them trying to suppress Jekyll. :) Whoever we are, Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde, it's alright to be both. Just a matter of balance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Hyde is useful sometimes. Heh heh heh.

There are many facets to our personalities. That's why those ambiguous horoscope/personality thingys work: "Yeah, you are sometimes insecure but you can be confident too" wth.

We have the potential to be both good and evil. I prefer to see ourselves as blank slates when we are born, ready to be influenced.

Sebastiane said...

We all have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde i us.

As said by Carl Jung, we all have duo personalities. But all the time we are always capable of rights and wrongs.

(:

Anonymous said...

ive encounter the evil u!scary wei scary! du kao lan kakakakaka

and i hate this drJ and H.M FORCED TO study this back then ahah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...