Friday, February 02, 2007

Stir It Up (bobmarley)

Music stirs different emotions in me....somethings music just says it better than words. Especially when I'm in a bad mood, I just blast the cd player in my lil' kelisa and sing to the tunes of whoever (has been Annie Lennox' Beautiful Child lately). Really can't imagine my life without music. Just imagine clubs and discos and pubs without music. Grew up listening to Air Supply and Carpenters on those long rides from Ipoh to Teluk Intan or to Cameron Highlands on my dad's car. So yeah, I pretty much know all the fuddy-duddy songs by them. All the Jambalayas and Making Love Out Of Nothing At All and Lost In Love. :) And I probably have different songs to remind me of different things: friendships, love, a moment in time of your life. One of my fave oldies is actually Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, only because my dad sings it really well :) . And I've had a song or two that has made me cried sometimes, weird aye, but Ella Fitzgerald's These Foolish Things is quite a song, lyrics are simple but the voice is haunting. I even had songs that I used to listen to when I cleaned my uncle's apt years ago. Beatles, Eagles and Jacky Cheung. HAHA. So I didn't pass up the chance to see Eagles live in Singapore few years back. My favourite Eagles is not Hotel California though (overplayed!) but it's I Can't Tell You Why and Best of My Love. And so...thank gawd for the Neways, Redboxes, Galaxies we have here, where conversations don't apply, only music matters, and Whole Lotta Fun. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for music too and I was introduced to it by Daddy also! In car rides. And I started loving oldies when I was 5 years old.

Yep, like what you have said, I can never imagine the world without music and it's easier to express your emotions through music.

(:

Anonymous said...

My fave Eagles' song is Love Will Keep Us Alive. :p

tihtahpah said...

jemima, that's a nice song too..:)

Anonymous said...

Eagles - Lying Eyes for me. Eh, thought you don't like Bob Marley?

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, wrong Eagles song, my favorite's TAKE IT EASY and not Lying Eyes, sorry...LOL! :-P

tihtahpah said...

I only like Stir It Up!

Anonymous said...

Eagle's Desperado, anyone?

tihtahpah said...

endroo: eh..i practically like every Eagle's song...Desperado is a good song man....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...