Monday, August 06, 2007

My Dental Scare

I did it finally. Despite years of my family and friends pleading me to go, and me getting people to accompany me, i finally did it on my own last friday. Phew. The doc just exclaimed in horror when he saw the condition of my left upper jaw wisdom tooth. Will post it later so you'll understand his shock.

I kept asking the doctor if it was over, even though he was only at the numbing-my-gums stage. I didn't even know it when it was over. Even the receptionist laughed at me and jokingly said that she saw the fear in me when i walked in to the clinic. RM135 for a tooth. But it's all worth it. You'll know if you see the damaged tooth.

And now i'm scheduled for another wisdom tooth extraction next month and scaling. Another fear conquered. My eldest sis will know what i mean. :) ANYONE else out there who's afraid of the dentist????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on Sze, it's only a wisdom tooth. I had both left wisdom teeth extracted in one go a few weeks ago. The amount of blood bled was spectacular. And the pain. Oh, let me not get started on the pain. It was the second worse feeling in the world.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of the dentist/orthodontist ever since I was a kid and never once visited one until I had to do braces. I went to this kind orthodontist and she managed to calm my nerves. However, until today I am still very much afraid of extraction.

Pixelated Mo said...

... fear them i do... the root of evil they are...

Anonymous said...

Told you that it's no big deal. I had a tooth removed a couple weeks ago too. Never had problems with the dentist. :-)

tihtahpah said...

yar galli, i think you weren't the only one whom i've chickened out on because of this silly dental scare i've had for a long time. got another one scheduled next month and scaling and the works. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...