Friday, August 04, 2006

Better than TVB series...........anytime




I fear the Hongkong movie and tv industry has failed me over and over again for years, resulting in me not watching any TVB series for the longest time. I can vaguely pinpoint which HK movie is notable enough to be mentioned....perhaps maybe only Stephen Chow's Kungfu Hustle. With a wave of reality shows aired daily..there is really no reason to watch HK-based movies/series anymore. Just a while ago, a friend of mine just newly discovered 24, and he said it made him realize how crappy TVB series are. I mean..the actors and actresses are shuffled in many series, so u may see the same actors/actresses in a few NEW series. And comparatively, TVB series are produced on a low budget basis, which means cheap props (or no props), same repeated locations in HK (up to a point you can even see the same mansion being used over and over again for different series), bad costume/fashion styling and lousy dialogues due to cheap scripts. In view that I am Chinese, I should really be supporting the HK movie industry, but heck, I'm no saint. For I've found many interesting, intriguing series to keep me occupied the whole week...and every week.....Checkout this list
1) Rockstar Supernova (think readers are beginning to see I'm addicted to this) -2nd season
2) Grey's Anatomy
3) National Geographic - No Borders
4) Fine Living Channel- Made to Order
5) Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
6) 24- season 5 available now!
7) Project Runway - Malaysia still stuck at Season 2 (I know Chloe Dao won!yay)
8) America's Next Top Supermodel - (no..its not the Sports Illustrated one)
9) Oliver's Twist
10) Globe Trekker- has to be Ian Wright's...too funny
11) Travel Channel-Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
12) Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives...well those kind..

And if those aren't available..there's always those tv sitcoms...give me Seinfeld anytime.

PS: For food enthusiasts, pls visit madetoorder to see what's Made to Order is all about....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...