With Merdeka Day just around the corner, I thought it'll be appropriate to place my wishes. This year, my Merdeka wish would be :
1) Reduction in toll charges - hey, I'm not asking a lot, just perhaps the Kerinchi Link and the Ipoh-KL toll charges. And what about the RM1 toll for the stretch from Kerinchi Link to the TTDI toll? (seems ridiculously short to pay RM1)
2) The end of Mahathir-Badawi squabble- ok..time to move on to something more interesting.
3) Reduction in car prices- local cars are still overpriced. Satria Neo for RM 50K...hardly justified.
4) Reduction in tax- Already we are underpaid..just as soon as we hit RM2600 we have to pay tax...c'mon, someone needs to look at how the tax is justified against our expenditure and earnings per year.
5) More transparency in our government's budget expenditure- So...the budget tells us what is GOING to be spent on- but there's no review/reflection on what was ACTUALLY spent on the previous year...
6) Elimination of AhBengs and AhLians - hahaha, this is wishful thinking but wouldn't it be great if they were wiped out of Malaysia? At least I won't have to put up with Hongkie wannabes or Hukkien bengs.
What's your Merdeka 2006 wish?