Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Carpenters- Yesterday Once More

I grew up listening to the easy sounds of Carpenters. Brings back memories of me and my sisters plus my grandma hurdled at the backseat of my dad's old Volvo slowly making its way to Cameron Highlands. Ohyea sure, the lyrics were corny (Top of the World & Jambalaya) -but Karen Carpenter's voice is deep and haunting. There's just a certain elegance to the way she sings. I would dare say there ain't another voice like hers at this time. My faves are "Touch Me When We're Dancing", "Rainy Days and Mondays", and "We've Only Just Begun".
And here's leaving you an excerpt from the song We've Only Just Begun.....(dedicated to N2)
And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,
And yes, We've just begun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love carpenters tho they were waaaaay long before my time. I remember when I was in school I actually sang that top of the world song for some singing contest lol!

Anonymous said...

Eeeeee...carpenters...blech... :-P

Anonymous said...

when are we going for karaoke? i cant wait to officially sing this song with you. :)

we've only just begun.... la la la...

tihtahpah said...

galli: another man's poison is another woman's meat...hehehe
n2: u can sing anytime ler..we've only just begun..lalalala...
karaoke have to ask cely :)

Jim The Handy man said...

Good and interesting information and also informative. handyman carpenter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...