Tuesday, March 06, 2007

LUXURY

This kind of love is getting expensive
We know how to live baby
We're luxurious like Egyptian cotton
We're so rich in love we're rollin' in cashmere
Got it in fifth gear baby
Diamond in the rough is lookin so sparkly- Luxurious (Gwen Stefani)

Never been the kind who's really indulged in luxury. Not in monetary value. Quite frankly, if you give me a Ferrari I'd probably just drive to the local mamak to join my friends for a session. If you gave me a luxurious condo to stay in, I probably WON't be at home, as it is I'm not always at my place in Tmn Desa. If you gave me an all paid vacation trip, I probably would still be on the lookout for some guesthouse or some backpacking experience because that's the best way to travel and absorb the local culture. Not staying cooped up in some 5-star hotel sipping coffee. My definition of luxury is just being able to indulge in what I want to do, when I want to do it, and be able to enjoy doing it. A simple lookout view with a great cuppa coffee and a page-turning book is already a luxury. Think about it. How often you actually get to do that. To fully immerse yourself in total peace. Total luxury. The most neglected luxury is TIME. That's something we can't recover. What about luxury to spend freely?I'll walk into a mall and after 5 hours walk out empty handed. Perhaps I need tutorials on how to spend. WHAT's your definition of luxury?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh i like that song ...

Sebastiane said...

Luxury is time and love from your loved ones.

It does not mean that luxury has to be tangible items.

(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...