Monday, May 28, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

What a clever film! I found myself chuckling away ALONE on a dry saturday afternoon as I watched the Hoover family trying to get it together . You have a suicidal uncle, an annoying one of those RObert Kyosaki wannabe husband obsessed with winning, a small girl vying to be the next beauty queen, being coached by the vulgar yet funny grandpa, and a teenage son who has a love/hate relationship with the family. Toni Collete is one of my faves since Muriel's Wedding..and she played the wife/mom/sis role.

There are so many memorable lines that yeah, i would say it could be one of the most original screenplay and scrip by far. I especially liked the little girl and the brother. it's reflection of the love/hate relationship we have in a family rolled up with scandals, financial shit, etc. The last part where the little girl did her 'talent' gig was brilliant! :) ENjoyed the movie thoroughly.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kept telling you to watch it since February! Finally! This was the movie that I was rooting for to win the Oscar for Best Movie.

Pixelated Mo said...

it was a really good film yah... glad thought so too... surprisingly not many people know about this little gem of a sunshine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...